Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion module and upgrading the firmware. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 24, 2008
US
Ok I hate asking for help twice in a row but I am stuck here I have read the following threads and
I have a 400 16 port digital station expansion module (700184807). When I plug it in using a straight patch cable I get dial tone but I can not actually access the system. It does show up in system manager however the serial number shows up as 7. I think what I need to do is upgrade the software for the expansion module. I am running 3.2 on the 403. What steps do I take to upgrade or at least attempt to upgrade my expansion module. I have read the above posts in detail however I want to be sure I am following the correct steps.

Just select the folder called Manager it will find the relevant bin file for you :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Just leave the folder as Manager, don't worry about the sub folders. It should pick it up from there.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

amriddle01,

I did what you said and after I enter the system password a window comes up saying "all selected units failed to transfer."

I am connected to the 403 unit using a Cat5 patch cable to my laptops Ethernet port.

I am guessing the password your entered is wrong. Try "password"

Jamie Green

Also the versions are BIN files on my laptop. Note that I did download the software from Avaya so I did not receive it on CD. That could be a factor?

Jamie77 wow thanks! That was it! I initially tried my manager password, I also tried Password when it asked for it, but how stupid of me not to try it a different way. It seems to be loading now. Thanks!!!

WOW Do I owe you all such an extreme thank you! Jamie77 you were correct about the password and to everyone else who gave me the direction on how to move forward here thank you SO much!

all the firmware are bin files.

Leave the folder as C:\program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager

Run the upgrade wizard and it should show you the current firmware on the modules and what you have available. It should tick the units with lower firmware than that available, so if the modules is currently higher, you'll need to tick it.

What version Admin download did you get from Avaya?? Download is not a problem, all mine are downloaded. haven;t got an actuall CD since they stopped giving them away with the CCUs!!!!

Jamie Green

password is the default, nd from 3.2 the system p/w and admin p/w'd are separate!!

Jamie Green

Alright an off topic question that just has me worried...

I have three station ports not in use and the orange lights are lit. Should I be concerned?

IF any of you need electrical or alarm system help PLEASE drop me a note. I owe you all very much.

on the 403?? if so, these sre tunk lights

Jamie Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back