Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion module and upgrading the firmware. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Mar 24, 2008
US
Ok I hate asking for help twice in a row but I am stuck here I have read the following threads and
I have a 400 16 port digital station expansion module (700184807). When I plug it in using a straight patch cable I get dial tone but I can not actually access the system. It does show up in system manager however the serial number shows up as 7. I think what I need to do is upgrade the software for the expansion module. I am running 3.2 on the 403. What steps do I take to upgrade or at least attempt to upgrade my expansion module. I have read the above posts in detail however I want to be sure I am following the correct steps.

Just upgrade and only select the module.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Tom,

I do not have one yet, but I read somewhere on this forum that a straight through cable would at least get me programed so I can simply plug and go when I get a cable. Any idea where to get a factory cable? I have only found aftermarket online.

Thanks.

Tom,

A majority of this system most of the phones and the 403 were a donation. The 16 port expansion module I bought and donated to the group. I am working with a non profit trying to replace an aging and dying system so I have to work with what I have. The expansion module I bought was purchased used and only came with a power supply. My area of knowledge is with Definity and the Merlin and Partner lines this is a whole new world to me I am doing my best to educate my self but I still have ALOT of ignorance.

Use a shielded cable that is max 0,5 meter.
This should do it but if there are problem then you know where it comes from.

BAZINGA!

Ok thanks tipeter,

I am still looking to get the correct/OEM cable once I can confirm the unit works and that when I can actually find one. If anyone here sells one I would be more willing to buy from someone that has helped me than a random company online. Thanks!

It is a STP cat5e 350mhz cable.
So be sure that you have a cable like that.

BAZINGA!

At home :)

BAZINGA!

I know but i could not resist :)

BAZINGA!

Located in Massachusetts.

Ok so now that I am actually able to give this the time it deserves I have found that the expansion module actually has newer software. It is version 4.1 I have 3.2.67 can I downgrade the expansion unit?

4.1 is 2.1, modules always show 2 higher than the corresponding system version, so the module needs to show 5.2.67 once upgraded :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Just do an upgrade and only select the module.

BAZINGA!

Ok well in that case I think I am lost I am in the upgrade menu trying to point the expansion module to what I believe is the correct file. I am 100% clueless at this point. If I go to upgrade I see that there is a version file. How do I make it upload to the expansion unit.

53e70bac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back