Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion Cartridge And Backup For MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsm

MIS
Apr 11, 2002
CA
I need to install an Expansion Cartridge in a MICS and attach a 0x16 Fiber Station Module. The last time I did this the software was reset to defaults and I had reprogram all settings. Is there a proper way to install the 2-Port Expansion Module without loosing programming (I did turn off the power first). Also, is there a way to backup programming? Thank you!!

I never had a system default on me when I put a 6 port or 2 port in the system. I must be a lucky fellow though. Backup using NRU 10. Do a search within this forum and you should find a link for it.

Nam555

500+ more days till hockey season starts.

i believe if you were at 2 dn's and add a 6 port you may go to default...if you change it before hand you should be ok"will add a leading # 2" so ext 21 becomes 221..... also voice mail will need to be total reconfiged to except the new 3 digit dn 's

ski season has started

Bad idea to run MICS on two digit DN. You will lose Hunt Group capability and the configuration problems will multiply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back