Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
We have a customer with a Avaya Partner system with a 5 bay back plate, master card and 1 expansion card, I want to add a second expansion card (206E).
I was under the impression these could simply be installed however when I do the first expansion goes offline and the new one does not power up. Is there more to the process, a special sequence or activation? or do I have a defective card?
Thank you for any help or guidance.

The new module needs to go into slot 2, if it is not powering up and preventing the module in slot 1 from powering up as well, I would say that the new card is faulty.

You could also remove the module in slot 1 and place the new module there (not putting anything in slot 2) and seeing if the new card works. If so, try the existing module in slot 2, and if everything works, go with that.

Another thing you can do is remove the power cord from the chassis and connect it directly to the 206 card and verify the LED comes on and it looks like it is working.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Well look at that. Right slot, install with power off and everything comes up as it should.
Thanks everyone.
During this we did have a debate, what do the batteries save? All programming? Voice mail? We changed them just in case.

Maintains the programming on the ACS - unless it is R7/8 after a certain release, all they do is keep the display from saying "Replace Batteries with Power On" - long story, a firmware update killed the ability of the batteries to back up the programming, so the next firmware release loads the last known configuration upon power up.

Voicemail is all on hard drive or non-volatile memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back