Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion Cabinet down 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordapia

Technical User
Oct 16, 2012
BN
Hi Bros.,

Good am, need help to solve these issues.

" SCOUT - DX NO SYNC " - the message appears on the Digital phone display ( 7208 Phone )
" CAPACITY OVERFLOW STA SLOT DND - Message displayed also on 7224 Phone.

Im using LDK-100 and the Expansion Cabinet is not working. Two DTIB 12 ports Cards are equipped in the Expansion Cab but when i tried to install to Main Cabinet, both cards works properly. When i installed again to Expansion Cab, i saw the error messages on the display of Digital phone. Someone give me an information and tnx in advance...

Hi Cordapia

Historically the naming of the ipLDK -100 processor boards has been:
1. MPB (PMU1, PMU2, ASMU1 and ASMU2)
2. MPBE (PMU1E, PMU2E, ASMU1E and ASMU2E)
3. MPBN (ASMU1N and ASMU2N) (PMU's are phased out.)

As you cannot mix MPB's and the daughter boards (piggy back) PMU/ASMU in the rows shown, the I guess that the fault
lies in the fact that you write that in the MPB slot is installed with: "NOT USE MPB - MPBE with ASMU2N"

You cannot use MPBE and ASMU2N together, therefore to upgrade, use a new MPBN with an new ASMU2N (or the one already in use).

The license read out by [Trans/Pgm+78] shows also only zeroes (00000000000) and the [Trans/Pgm+72] says only ONE RACK - which means only cabinet is allowed.

Best thing is to buy MPBN/ASMU2N since MPB and MPBE are not in production anymore.

///doktor

Yes if the PSU is blown, you'll typically see a burned out area in the upper right corner (based on the mains going in on the bottom left) R49, D17, R50 & D19, plus any capacitors which have a 'popped' appearance or are bulging. You can usually repair them for around £2 if you're competent with that type of procedure.

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

Hi Doctor,

Good Pm, now i tried to changed it to a new expansion cabinet and still the same issue, " no Sync ". i changed also the LCU cable, still the same. how do I know that the MPBE with ASMU2N is defective?

I guess that you have an ASMU1N.

Since you write that you can see:

[TRANS/PGM]+78
PGM 78: KEY:0000000000000000
PCK:.................
and:
[TRANS/PGM]+72
PGM 72: GS90P - C.6EK JAN /07
COUNTRY 1 RACK

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BUT an ASMU2N should show:

[TRANS/PGM]+78
PGM 78: KEY:0000000000000000
PCK:....1............
and:
[TRANS/PGM]+72
PGM 72: GS90P - C.6EK JAN /07
COUNTRY 2 RACK

License 1 for two cabinets/rack.

So your ASMU2N must be labeled wrong,

///doktor

Have you actually tried to default the kit take out all the cards except the mpbn then take a look at licencing and add a board at a time , are you sure you have a asmu2 , what happens if you swap the mpbn round in the cabinets does the fault still occur ???

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

MAIN CABINET:
SLOT 1 - DTIB 24
SLOT 2 - DTIB 24
SLOT 3 - DTIB 24
SLOT 4 - DTIB 24
SLOT 5 - VACANT
SLOT 6 - VACANT
NOT USED MPB - MPBN CARD
LMU SLOT - LMU 1

SECOND CABINET:
SLOT 1 - DTIB 24
SLOT 2 - DTIB 24
SLOT 3 - VACANT
SLOT 4 - VACANT
SLOT 5 - VACANT
SLOT 6 - VACANT
NOT USED MPB - MPBN CARD
LMU SLOT - LMU 2

PLS see the following information:

PGM 78: KEY: 000091e807080305
PCK: 3
PGM 72: DX90P-3 70h DEC/07
KOREA: 2 RACK

Please doctor advise me what to because the second cabinet is not working if power it ON All the system will not work except cabinet 1 which we want to expand to get more extension

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting for the Main processor board.. i will let you know what happen next Doctor.
Montyzummer, i have already tried all the things you said. Maybe this is the last solution i need to do.
To install a new MPB or an ASMU2N. Pls. wait for the result...
[bigsmile]

How to get the second cabinet to work.

Install the the two cabinets MPBN with ASMU2N and the LCU cable. See the picture posted by Warrenator on 11 Sep 13 7:53.
To cable the two LDK-100 together use the LCU cable. Also mount the grounding part of the LCU.
Ground the cabinets togther and power on. Do a PGM 100, where you set the country code, the PGM 450, 452 and reset.
Now you should see all DTIB boards in the two cabinets.
Or?

The license and posted printouts look alright to me:
PGM 78: KEY: 000091e807080305
PCK: 3
PGM 72: DX90P-3 70h DEC/07
KOREA: 2 RACK

///doktor

For those, who have an interest in knowing more about licenses in ipLDK:

License 3 is for the second cabinet of the ipLDK-100.

So the full list is now:

Trans/Prog + 78" give you access to see the system licenses in your ipLDK PBX:

The licenses are listed by a number:
1. QSIG over PRIB (tieline) has license number 0.
2. PC Attendant console has license number 1.
3. CTI Application supporting TAPI 2.1 has license number 2.
4. VOIP networking with VOIB/VOIBE has license number 5.
5. PC Phone (ezPhone) to control your keyset has lic num.6.
6. IP Soft Phone (Phontage?)has license number 9.
7. Second Cabinet of the ipLDK-100 has license number 3.

"Trans/Prog + 79" give you access to see the softphone licenses in your ipLDK PBX.
The numbers 000/000 tell you the number of standard/deluxe softphone license, you have been bying.
The 2 free softphone licenses that go with every ipLDK and iPECS can not be seeb in "Trans/Prog + 79".

You need license 5 to be able to use the VoIP trunk facility, but with licenses installed, you can connect as many LIP-hardphones, as your ipLDK-100 allows and the 2 free softphones.

///doktor

@moragd

I believe the 2 cabinet LDK 100 is only capable of a maximum 96 extension unless you have dect in which case you can have 128.

You already have 96 digital extensions in the bottom cabinet so I would not expect any extension card in the 2nd cabinet to work.

@ Termus and Moragd

This is correct.
The ipLDK-100 can only handle 96 fixed extensions, and you already have them in cabinet 1.
Solution is to remove 2 x DTIB24 in the first cabinet, or just the second cabinet.
Maybe split the system, so you have two separate systems. This will require one extra MBPN/ASMU1N.

In the list I do not see ISDN or analogue CO lines?

To handle 144 extensions you need ipLDK-300 - wtith two cabinets (at least).
ipLDK-300 can use DTIB24, so you can re-use the line cards.
But ipLDK-300 needs a new MPB board.

///doktor

Thanks to all of you because i thought that the two cabinets can take more than 96 extensions.It is now clear that the two cabinets can only take max. of 96 extensions .

pls where can I get psu fot ipldk 300 the one I have got burnt and I hope it didnt affect the board

Hi Everyone,

Good Morning, sorry for late status update. This is to inform you that my Ipldk 100 was in a good condition now. These are the issues i have encountered last 2 months:

1. Ipldk 100 Telephone System experiencing an automatic reset. Everytime they pressed a Co line Flex 1 - 8, suddenly, the system reset automatically.

Solution: I changed the LCOB 8 to CLCOB 8. But before you change the CO Card, you need to get the complete configurations and programming of the Telephone System for your reference. You cannot just simply change the CO Card. Set the dip switch to default settings because after you reset the system to a default settings all the Programs, Features, and configuration also back to a default settings. In short, to Register a new CO Card, do a hard reset and reprogram.

2. Second Cabinet - Not working

Solution: I changed the ASMU2N Card from the MPB Card only. After changing the existing ASMU2N (old) to a new ASMU2N the software and version of the system appears. PCK ...3..... for second cabinet.

Thank you so much for helping me and all your perfect ideas that you have given me, special mentioned to Doctor...

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as a follow up to your comments on replacing the card , taking a back up is always a good idea before resetting a system.

But you most certainly should not have to re-programme or default and blow the config back in to change any card (excluding mpb), all you should have to do is power down swap card power up , if changing the type of card pgm 101-103 to assign the different card type , but leave dipswitch 4 or 8 (ldk20 or 50/100/300)alone , i suspect you did something incorrect in your card assignment if you found you had to default the kit to swap a card type.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I am happy that my descriptions and ideas were helpful for you to reach your goal (= fix the fault).
You're welcome with more questions.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back