Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion Cabinet down 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordapia

Technical User
Oct 16, 2012
BN
Hi Bros.,

Good am, need help to solve these issues.

" SCOUT - DX NO SYNC " - the message appears on the Digital phone display ( 7208 Phone )
" CAPACITY OVERFLOW STA SLOT DND - Message displayed also on 7224 Phone.

Im using LDK-100 and the Expansion Cabinet is not working. Two DTIB 12 ports Cards are equipped in the Expansion Cab but when i tried to install to Main Cabinet, both cards works properly. When i installed again to Expansion Cab, i saw the error messages on the display of Digital phone. Someone give me an information and tnx in advance...

I think that you do not use ASMU2 for two cabinets. Did you add the second cabinet recently?
Does the Whole system Works with one cabinet?

To operate the second cabinet, you need to have a license for the second cabinet.

///doktor

Please post the following information.

-> I would like to have:
1. Make a [TRANS/PGM]+78 to see the licenses in your LDK. Just post what the display writes.
2. Make a [TRANS/PGM]+72 to see the s/w vesersion in your LDK. Just post what the display writes.
2. Write the names of the boards in the 1. and 2. cabinet and the SLOT position.
Thank you.

///doktor

Also check that the Main processor board is not a MPBS. That processor will only allow 50 ports on the LDK.

But as Doktor says, if you do not have an ASMU2, the second cabinet will not work.

So, it is. Let us know your opinion.

///doktor

Hi Bros,

Thank you for your reply Doctor and Thermus, My LDK-100 was 7 years old. They installed the Main and Expansion cabinet at the same time. The incident happened last 3 days. Pls see the following information:

PGM 78: KEY:0000000000000000
PCK:.................

PGM 72: GS90P - C.6EK JAN /07
COUNTRY 1 RACK

MAIN CABINET: SLOT 1 - DTIB 12
SLOT 2 - DTIB 12
SLOT 3 - DTIB 12
SLOT 4 - LCOB
SLOT 5 - LCOB
SLOT 6 OR MISB - VACANT
NOT USE MPB - MPBN CARD
LMU SLOT - LMU 1

SECOND CAB: SLOT 1 - DTIB 12
SLOT 2 - DTIB 12
SLOT 3 - VACANT
SLOT 4 - VACANT
SLOT 5 - VACANT
SLOT 6 OR MISB - VACANT
NOT USE MPB SLOT - VACANT
LMU SLOT - LMU 2

These are all the details that you're looking for... The Main Cab and second cabinet linked/connected by LMU1 and LMU2 Cable Connector. When i reset the system the second cabinet still have no sync. for that reason i temporarily transferred the one DTIB Card to a vacant slot 6 and activated it so they can use their digital Extns affected by the second cabinet. i have tried also to check the power supply and still the same issue. it seems like there's something wrong with the Motherboard.
Do i need to change the whole set of second cabinet or any other solutions? Thanks again doctor and thermus...

Judging by the fact you have 1-5, 6/MISB then MPB I'd say this is a 100.
There are is no LMU slot in a LDK-100, only a 300.

You just need a standard link cable to get the extra cab hooked up, LDK-100 LCU is the part code I think.

I didn't even think it was physically possible to slot a LMU in a 100.
NB: It isn't, I just tried to slot one in my test kit.

Do you have access to a standard link cable?

With this info:

PGM 78: KEY:0000000000000000
PCK:.................

PGM 72: GS90P - C.6EK JAN /07
COUNTRY 1 RACK

I can say that only one cabinet is allowed.
You must apply an ASMU2 and MBPN, if MPBS was installed.

///doktor

It is an ipLDK-100 since the s/w is GS90P - C.6EK JAN /07.
If MPBS is installed, you should upgrade to MPBN and ASMU2N.

This is not an ipLDK-300 system.

Please post the text on the label, saying what system it is - to make sure.

///doktor

Sorry. I can see that MPBN is installed. Just upgrade your ASMU1N to ASMU2N. This is a hardware swap.
The database should be backed up and reinstalled, so a skilled engineer should do this job.

///doktor

And just to add:

Your system today (as is) is capable og holding 4 pcs. of DTIB12 i.e. 48 extesnions.
So you can insert all 4 boards in the cabinet 1. The second cabinet can be added, if you need the 12 extra extesions in the future.
If all 60 extensions are needed now, the second cabinet must be enabled by swapping the ASMU1N with ASMU2N.

///doktor

The more I dig into this case, the more confused I get.

ipLDK-100 does not use LMU and do not have an LMU slot. It is part of the back plane.
Can you post some Photos?

Or send to me - by checking this link:

///doktor

ldk100-lcu.gif

Is the system pictured, the one you have installed cordapia?

The shown cabinet is ipLDK-100, and I think, that this is was you have ión your site.

///doktor

hi Doctor,

Exactly. that was the system i have...

hi bros,

yes Warrenator. that is the system.

So, for you, the solution is to buy a ASMU2N.
Back-up the database.
Swap ASMU1N that is the installed daughter board (piggy back) on the MPBN with ASMU2N.
Upgrade the s/w of the ASMU2N.
Re-install the database.
Reset the system and test.

///doktor

But how can there be an LMU1-LMU2 link in an ipLDK-100?
It's unpossible! There's no physical slot in the system.

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

Hi bros,

Good Morning! i went to site and checked again all the peripheral cards installed on the first and second cabinet. Sorry for the wronged and incomplete information that i have given you. On the first cabinet, i'm using MPBE with ASMU2N a (software Module). The whole system works also with the first cabinet. All the information that you have given me are correct. In my opinion, there's something wrong with the MPBE, ASMU2N, or the second cabinet was really down. i dont know yet exactly which one has a problem. The issue here is, we dont have an extra spare cards and need to purchase that items and now on process, I need to wait for a week. I'll let you know what happens next after i fix everything. Thank you so much for your time, help, and effort. i really really appreciated it.

*Complete Peripheral cards location

MAIN CABINET: SLOT 1 - DTIB 12
SLOT 2 - DTIB 12
SLOT 3 - DTIB 12
SLOT 4 - LCOB
SLOT 5 - LCOB
SLOT 6 OR MISB - VACANT
NOT USE MPB - MPBE with ASMU2N
LCU

SECOND CAB: SLOT 1 - DTIB 12
SLOT 2 - DTIB 12
SLOT 3 - VACANT
SLOT 4 - VACANT
SLOT 5 - VACANT
SLOT 6 OR MISB - VACANT
NOT USE MPB SLOT - VACANT
LCU

Possible psu fault. Not enough current to power the phones completely. Swap the unit to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back