Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expanding Onsite Computer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

phpinfo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
AU
I want to expand my onsite computer servicing business. But it seems the overheads is going to be high. For example. I have to sub contract work out to people that know their stuff. Set up a call centre with X amount of operators. And they have to know their stuff as well!

How are you people expanding?

If you are worried about the overhead, then the way to do it would be to develop a decent form to be filled out by the operators, when someone calls. Then, assign someone who 'knows their stuff' to go get involved more deeply with the client.

I agree with Dimandja. Develop a good protocol and then look into contracting your call center out. It would probably be cheaper than setting one up yourself.

I once had a client that ran a Plumbing busiess in a eastern state, and they did it from Oregon! I believe it was based on that family's reptation, but they had left the area and moved to Oregon, sthe effectively operated a call center by forwarding the calls to Oregon (this pre dated internet telephny). It was interesting, they had a series of qualified plumbers that they would call to handle the work. All they did was answer the phones!

That was when I was doing on Site Computer Services. I also had one person that I KNEW was qualified to do jbs. Unfortunately, in the end he ended up with some of my clients. Make sure you have cntracts in place with those contractors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back