Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPANDING CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECHTASH

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESONSES TO MY PREVIOUS POSTS.
HOW CAN I EXPAND MY COMPACT CICS PLUS FROM 4 LINES TO 8 LINES?? WHAT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT DO I NEED??

Make sure CICS software is not restricted. Then you will need a LS/DS card or CI card to add lines.

Good Luck!!

thank you exec...
the info for my CICS is ... CI nt5b41ga-93 rel 03 2000/04/1
the card specs are: nt7b64ma cics si 4.1 s/w w 16.00 rel 01
i purchased a new card cics-s 4.2 wi 06.06 -nt7b64ym rel 01... this new card caused my system to restart itself and shut down automatically repeatedly... i dont understand why...i would like to be able to run 8 lines instead of the just the 4 but i dont know how i can tell if software is restricted.....please help... i also purchased a trunl card that i do not beleieve is compatible... its a did card nt7b75ga-93 ls/gs.... please help

to save a little time take a look at faq799-2156 this canhelp you find out your version and options.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If the software card does not say 4x8 or restricted on the label then you can expand. The NT7B75GA is a regular 4x0 LS trunk card so it can be used to expand the lines on your system.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back