Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expanding a hard drive from 60GB to a 200GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborgdude

Technical User
Aug 12, 2005
US
Does anyone know the commands used to expand a hard drive using maby command prompt. I just used caspers xp's free trial program to put my data from my 60GB to my 200GB but the 200GB hard drive remains at 60GB but has about 140GB unpartitioned. Can anyone give me some commands!!!!

You may create another partition (on 140 Gb), personally I prefer Disk Director for that. I think it's the most convenient partition manager: you could resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data; create and delete partitions of any type. Also it has cool intuitive windows wizard.
Another way: once more create image of 60 Gb HDD and restore it onto new one, using True Image, automatically recover your image on 200 Gb.
As for Partition Magic, I've heard that it has some problems with large size HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back