Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expand Restore Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamix5

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
US
I have seen a few posts with this problem on different operating systems, but none with a solution that would apply to me.

I am running Win2k3 Server SP2 and Arcserve version 11.1.

I am trying to read tapes from a previous backup. I can restore the complete session in it's entirety. It will not however allow me to expand the session to be allowed to browse the contents of the session, and my searches for individual files come up not found.

I have merged the tape, initialized the databases, even uninstalled and reinstalled Arcserve, but the problem still persists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Ian

Just to update, I have a completely separate server, fresh install of 2k3sp2, fresh install of the Arcserve software 11.0 and the problem exists.

Perhaps something with SP2?

Ian

I am also facing same issue. Even after successful backup, I am not able to drill down sessions of particular server (NetWare 5.1). Sessions of other 2 servers (Netware) are fine. I tried to merge this particular session and merge was successful but still there.
Difference between this server session and other servers session is this session contents more data compare to other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back