Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exp-Intf alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class26

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
US
I am working on an issue we are having. We have an SNI board connected to a DS1-C that is connected over our fiber network to another DS1-C and then to an Exp-Intf card.. This EI card keeps alarming. Sometimes twice a day and it is affectiong service. It seems to clear upon busy/reset/releasing the near end DS1-C board. All physical connections seem good. I am going to try swapping the EI board after hours today... Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about other possible issues... Thanks for any help in advance.

If you have point-to-point fiber you should not be using a DS-1 converter board. The DS-1C changes the fiber link to up to (4) DS-1 circuits. Depending on the distance involved and the fiber type, you may need long-range transceivers or simgle-mode transceivers.

Kevin

The distance is only a few miles and we have our own fiber transport equipment. I apologize if what I am saying doesnt make much sense, I am rather new to this company. It is a 10gig WAN with 1G sub rings. My knowledge base is not very strong and I wouldnt think things are incorrectly connected as it was designed by an Avaya corporate partner. ( I know in some cases that doesnt mean a whole lot. )

Okay I was a little off in what I said... It is connected via T1. That we deliver off of our Fiber network. It is a Sonnet network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back