Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ExMerge? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKITC

Technical User
May 17, 2004
GB
Hi all,

Bit new to using ExMerge, so please bear with me. I can run it with no issues at all interactively. but I want to run it in batch mode. I am having problems with this. I have amended the exmerge.ini file for the settings that i think should work. If i post up the contents of the ini file will someone please have a look....[gorgeous]

I have hit another problem with ExMerge, it won't run properly at all now. When trying to populate the mailboxes in the interactive mode, it is coming back with this error
"error encountered getting mailbox information from the private information store database on the server 'mail'. make sure that you have adequate permissions on the Information Store object. Please refer to the Exmerge.log file for more information"

There is not further info in the log file, and I do have Exchange Admin rights. I have been able to run this before. The only change made to my system is that Outlook came up with an error about a conflict and asked me if I wanted it to resolve it. I accidentally clicked yes. I have not got system resote turned on, so cannot restore to prior to this.

any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks

A

Is this with Exchange 2003? If so, Microsoft bumped the security up a bit so that "Administrators" don't have the neccessary rights to import mail like this.

There's a KB about this, don't know right off the bat but I'll try a bit of searching later.

The fact that outlook came up with an error is a concern. Are you running Outlook on your exchange server? If so, when you told it to repair you may have overwritten some of the mapi subsystem. I have seen this problem many times.

There's also at least one article in the knowledgebase on how to correct this if infact it is the problem.

The original Citrix Guru...

wasn't running outlook on the Exchange server, it was on my client PC. I have uninstalled the Exchange 2000 admin tools and then installed thm again and ExMerge runs ok. still get the error when starting outlook though. if I click No, it all works ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back