Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exmerge problems.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGriffith

MIS
Apr 7, 2004
US
We are currently moving from a pop3 mail setup to Exchange. I was told that Exmerge would merge the users .pst files into their Exchange Mailbox. However, when i try to do this I receive the following error:

Unable to find c:\pst folder\sbck.pst Cannot merge data in mailbox for user.

Any suggestions. I have already tried creating a new user and giving it Send & Receive As rights to the store. I am kind of at a loss. I need to have all the users mailboxes imported by Friday so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Charlene

Exmerge expects the .pst file to be named in the format userid.pst. On actual user systems, the can be called just about anything. The default is outlook.pst. You'll deed to find the pst file on the user workstation and rename it to the format exmerge expects.

Thank you. I will try it and let you know how it goes.

Hi,

it seems like their already are enough threads about Exmerge so I'm asking a new question one here.

Scenario: I have 5.5 on a NT4 in a NT-domain. I have a Ex2k3 in a W2k3 domain and want to migrate all the mailboxes (about 40) from 5.5 to 2003.

I understand that Exmerge is the tool to use. I run Exmerge on the 2003 server and trying to connect to 5.5 server and gets the following message in the mailbox selection step:
"Error encountered getting mailbox information from the private information store database(s) on server 'FNATTE'. Make sure you have adequate permissions on the Information Store object. Please refer to the 'ExMerge.log' log file for more information."
I have created a special account in AD for the migration purpose and have been giving it 'Service Account Perm.' on the 5.5-site.
I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Johan

Ensure you have "Enterprise Admin" rights with the account you are using exmerge under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back