Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exmerge Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HessA

MIS
Mar 17, 2005
US
MOre often than not when attempting to create a PST with exmerge from my Exch 2K3 server it errors out. But it does work on some mailboxes. All rights are given to the account I am logged in with to use the Exmerge tool to all of the mailboxes (I've triple checked this). So I don't think it's a rights issue. Are there any other known issues that make an exmerge fail for any reason?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Do you have multiple storage groups / mail stores? If yes, you need to add permissions on each store separately.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

I created a new group called ExMergeAdmins and gave the group explicit allow permissions on each store. The explicit allow overrides the inherited deny.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

FNDH,

I have a question for you. That article does match the errors I am getting in the Exmerge Log. However I am running Win2K3 Adminpak. Does that change things? I can't find the DLL mentioned in the KB article on my machine with Admin tools or any of my DCs.

Thanks,

Aaron

[09:44:10] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://MYexchbox:389/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData)
[09:44:10] Accessing Domain Controller 'MyDC'

I followed the instructions on your link FNDH. I was able to do all it said. However I am still receiving the error outlined in that KB article. Any further enlightenment would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Aaron

Ok I think I have it figured out. When first creating my explicit account for using the Exmerge utility I was over zealous in adding it to various godly groups. However not all of these have the necessary rights in Exchange an dgranting them is difficult. So I parsed down the group membership to Exchange Services Group only which has send as and receive as as well as confirming the user had send as and receive as and it works. It was being a member of other groups who do not get the send as and receive as rights that was messing it up. Thank you all for the help.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back