Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ExMerge and MAPI Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonHo

MIS
May 14, 2003
US
I'm trying to set up ExMerge on a Win2K Server box (SP3) with Outlook 2000 (SP3). Outlook can see my mailbox without problems. However, when I run ExMerge (version 1.6 from BORK), after I put in the org/site/server and am getting ready to select mailboxes, I get the following message "Error creating MAPI profile".

Anyone got a solution?

Below is a sample entry. This is repeated once per attempt. There are no relevant entries in the Application or the System logs. Sleuthing is such fun, eh?

Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v1.62
Start Logging:May 14, 2003 20:10:39
[20:10:39] Logging Level: None
[20:10:57] Error creating MAPI profile (ExMerge - EXCHANGEDC 20:10:54 - Wednesday, May 14, 2003).

well, this is a guess, but it's possible that either you're missing the MAPI32.dll file on this machine, or the one that's there is not compatible with that version of exmerge.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen at least one TechNet article, which alluded to this. However, there are no instructions as to where to find the correct MAPI32.dll file. Would you know where to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back