Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exiting mailbox - CICS startalk flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikechuck

Programmer
Jul 2, 2004
US
customer wants to exit a mailbox after leaving or checking messages and be routed to another ext or Operator.We are just using 2 digit call routing with a custom recording, No CCR. Is this a built in feature or do I have to enable it. I don't do alot of norstar and its easy to get lost in all that documentation. THANKS

They should be able to hit '0' to get an operator. But you must set up an attendant DN and make sure that the mailbox is enable for an attendant. (not sure which versions have that prompt) Depending on the version, they can set their own attendant under ADMIN when they open their mailbox by F981. Then when 0 is pressed it will go to that DN. Not sure about this one, but on some I think they can hit *DN (star and the DN extension they want to go to). Not all VM will do that though. Also, depending on the VM, when 0 is pressed the operator must be available. That is in F982 (Feature code).

An addendum to the previous message.
I think the 0 only works for those leaving messages.
I don't think it works for checking messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back