Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exiting File Problems - Do I need to upgrade my servers? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryWasp

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2006
US
Hey folks.

I've got three locations all running aloha. Every couple of days the terminals constantly reboot. I know this is a problem with the end of day, because once the exiting file is deleted, everthing works as planned.

The two servers that are having this problem are windows 2000 SP4. All three locations are running aloha 5.3.9. I have one server running Server03, and there's no problems there. My question is this...Do you guys have any experience with this, and do you think upgrading the servers to 03 will fix this problem?

I think finding out why the EXITING file is not being deleted would be a better choice right now. I can't remember off the top of my head if the master terminal deletes it or CTLSVR is supposed to.

You could always add a line to either the autoexec.bat or ibercfg.bat to remove exiting on bootup.

"if exist c:\aloha\tmp\exiting del c:\aloha\tmp\exiting

That's a fantastic idea.

I'm going to give that a shot on the terminals and let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back