Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Existing Datawindow is Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

getjbb

MIS
Jun 4, 2003
US
When I double click on an existing datawindow, in the library painter, it would open in the datawindow painter, but the screen is blank. I tried clicking each selection under the View menu item (Design, Control List, Properties, etc.), but that did not help.

When I clicked Design I could see my column layout but it was positioned mid way in the window. Whenever I hit
View->Properties PowerBuilder failed. It was as
if the datawindow did not exist, but when I ran the program my datawindows appeared.

Another problem is that when I start up PB the database is not connected automatically. I have to connect each time. If anyone could help me solve my problem I would appreciate it. I am working with PB 7.0.

In your database profile make sure you have the server, login id, password, and database indicated. This works for MS SQL Server.

For part one check the bands on the dw painter (can you move the columns in your existing object?), regenerate the object, or if worst comes to worst, re-create it.

I tried creating a new datawindow. I selected the fields from the tables and did a return. The newly created datawindow was still blank. Is it possible I have a bug and will have to reinstall.

you dont have to install it again, i think the reason why there is no data in your datawindow because you didt retrieve the data in a table, or probabkly you didnt creat a data window...

first you will have a datawindow control then select a datawindow to be accessed, and that datawindow is accessing your table...

i hope im right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back