Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exeption occured OE on 0028:C0030D40 in VxD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyposmurf

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
GB
Had this error come up on a PC it said: an exeption occured OE on 0028:C0030D40 in VxD ---. called from 0028:C002F285 in VxD ---.
Any suggestions,am also having problems with msn messenger getting stuck and freezing up,maybe a memory leak building up then bam!

When did this error pop up? When did it start, any new changes? Have you scanned for virus and spyware?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Dont think its that,as I have scanned the PC with Lavasoft & Spybot.Why dop you think its that?These exception erros where are they from?Cant find much on the net about them.

They could be anything, but these days, most problems stem from spyware. Okay, so you think you're clean, so let's move on.

I need to know when this started, what changes have been made around that time, and under what conditions does this error pop up?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

I just test that link it didn't work either so here is the page:
SYMPTOMS
When you start or shut down your computer after you have installed Windows Millennium Edition (Me), you may receive the following error message:

An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:xxxxxxxx in VXD---. This was called from 0028:xxxxxxxx in VXD---. It may be possible to continue normally.
In this error message, xxxxxxxx represents the register numbers.
CAUSE
This issue can occur if you installed Windows on a computer on which you have installed an anti-virus program, or on which anti-virus protection is enabled in the basic input/output system (BIOS).
RESOLUTION
To work around this issue, uninstall Windows Me, uninstall or disable your virus protection program or BIOS virus protection, and then reinstall Windows Me.

For additional information about how to uninstall Windows Me, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
272159 How to Uninstall Windows Millennium Edition

For additional information about how to add and remove programs in Windows Me, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
142181 How to Install and Remove Programs in Windows

You can also consult your anti-virus program documentation for information about how to uninstall it. Consult your computer manufacturers documentation for information about how to disable virus protection in the BIOS settings.

I hope it helps.

Uninstalling Windows ME at this stage isnt possible as its for some one else who has very little knowledge of IT.She does have NAV and Norton firewall on her PC.These are can cause problems with ME,I do however think I can get her to remove both these programs and install Zone Alarm and AVG antivirus.Anyone think these programs arent any use,have issues with ME?Think theyre lower on system resources to, should help.I also think ME is leaking memory from programs that she has such as Msn Messenger.Will be fine then over time it will suddenly occur again ,the PC frezes and she has to restart.My eventual target will be to install Win 2K on her system at the end of the year,Ive come to realise what a load of crap this ME is,until then shell have to grin and bear it.Anymore suggestions will be welcome thanks

I run both AVG abd Zonealarm they good programs. I had to shutdown McAfee is was using to many resources. I would also run a good spyware program like spybot or Pest Patrol.
Scan the system, run msconfig and disable anything that is not need. MS messager is one of those and if you use it. It puts a startup back. Make sure all of the cookies are removed and cache files. Those little smiling faces are spyware remove it from the system.

Good luck post back and let me know how it goes.

Ive run MSCONFIG before and shut down anything that isnt needed,Msn Messenger is though,may switch over to Zone Alarm and AVG soon.Also what does a quick restart do?If say the PC runs out of memory will a quick restart actually free up more mmemory again without shutting the PC down?Is quick restart different on a number of types of operating systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back