Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executone Medley Holiday Greeting & more... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tildewoody

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
Hi, I'm my company's Graphic Artist/Tech guy... recently, it fell in my lap that I'm also the guy who has to know what to do with the phone setup here.

It started back before xmas when they decided they wanted to do a holiday greeting.

Now, there already was a holiday greeting on the system, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get to it. For the interum I changed the night greeting to a holiday greeting and had them leave the system on night mode while we were away.

So now we have that switched back to a night message, but there is something else now that is bugging me. Following the prompts to the night message (press one for a company directory or press two to leave a message in a general mailbox)... The company director is about 5 years old and half those people aren't around any more.

So it comes to two questions; How do I change the Holiday greeting, and how do I change the company directory listing?

~Woody

Enter the administrator's password, go listen for prompts for recording prompts, I think it's six, then 2 for the directory. Make sure you delete the pld name from extension and go back and add new name for extension.
As far as the holiday greeting goes, You can call into the system and when the auto-attendant answers, dial the admin. password and listen for prompts to re-recoerd the holiday mode greeting. You should be able to do this using the procedure described in the last paragraph though. Good Luck...

There seems to be a little confusion. You are thinking I want to program the extension annoucements... I am not.

The initial greeting before things got fuddled up was:

"Welcome to [company name] our current hours are"... yadda yadda... "For a company directory dial 1"...

If you press 1, you don't get separate extension recordings... you get one big long, single breath recording of "If you want to reach Woody dial 108, If you'd like Joel dial 101, if you want pizza dial Tony's Pizza Palace." Or similar, edited for humor.

Also, I tried the admin p/w (789 default) at the auto attendent prompt dialing in from home. The only reply was "Invalid Entry"... it seems strange that it cannot be done from inside the system.

I'm at home right now... If I remember correctly it's

Help, [Park 3], AdminP/W, 1 (to edit the system), 6 (to edit prompt recordings),

And then

1 to edit the main greetings or 2 for Extension names

I choose 1 to change the greetings and get

"Enter the Branch ID to record"

1 will get me the Day/Night greetings

but nothing seems to get to the Holiday Greetings or the long-winded Company Directory.

I am so annoyed that we didn't get a manual for this system.

Oh well, maybe I can beat the cash out of my employer for one. j/k

~Woody

When calling in remotely, you must enter **789#. Also, the directory someone set up there is nothing more than a menu branch set up as ID 11. That is a round about way to do a directory.

Oh yeah, Put a day/nite button )the code is 560 and you can toggle to holiday mode that way.

Remote setting of day, night, holiday and auto modes
Normally, the system’s day/night mode operation will be manually controlled at a Digital Feature
Phone and/or set to follow the day/night mode tables (programmed by the Installer) automatically.
In addition, the Administrator can remotely change the mode and/or re-record the holiday greeting
to handle unexpected closings such as for inclement weather.
Remotely logging into the system with the Administrator password will allow the caller to re-record
the holiday greeting and manually change the mode for day/night/holiday.
1. At the main greeting, enter * * 4 5 6 # — or the new password — to enter remote
programming mode.
2. You’ll hear prompts that will allow you to change the answer mode (day, night or holiday)
and/or to re-record the holiday greeting. Follow the prompts to perform the desired operation.
3. Exit by pressing * and hanging up.

Thanks... Still can't seem to do it remote... but that's okay. I've got a clearer idea of what is going on so I guess on Monday I'll try it ...er mote.

~Woody

Hi Woody
Maybe Iam missing something but what sort of Phone system do you have? As they all use different set ups to change the prompts.
Cheers Brian

Slainthe Brian,
(Truth be told, my name too)...

The system is an Executone Medely box, running a bunch of the M64 style phones. Beyond that, I really don't know too much about it.

Cheers,
~Woody

I was thinking I was going to have to get the manual. *Why* on earth it wasn't provided with the system is beyond my scope of reasoning. I found it kind of irksome.

The manual would make it easier. With this system though, you can walk right through system programming, with all the voice prompts guiding you.. Piece of cake of a system, very sweet!!!

I agree, that part is nice. Though I still don't hear any prompt for the Holiday mode greeting.

~W

I got it!!! Enter programming, go to 6-1 and enter 540 to record the holiday greeting...Good Luck.

Holy Smokes! Y'know, I had started to go through just incrementing numbers... it would have taken a really long time to get up to 540...

Thanks a lot! (I've checked off the little purple star for ya.)

~W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back