Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executive using two offices wants DN to ring in both 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugieDawgie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
US
Okay, executive will be sharing time between two offices (in same building/same floor) and wants primary and secondary extensions to ring in both offices at the same time so it can be picked up wherever he's sitting. How do I build the phone on the second TN? Can I put a dummy extension and then do a key chg to reflect the correct extensions?

Also, if he has a M3904 in one office and an M3903 in the other, will that make a difference?

Thanks in advance for the help.

set up a key on the second set..with his DN

KEY xx SCR xxxx

Colin

I have just found these forums and have already found a few good tips.
The instructions you give for having a DN ring on multiple phones are intended for Digital sets, can the same result be acheived with analogue phones?
If so, what will happen if one of the phones is in use, will both be "busy"???
Thanks

Paul Gray

Thanks to TheFletch for the information, but I am a little confused how to implement this. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step....

Thanks

Paul

if you set up the keys as a single call ringer (SCR) both phones will be busy.

if you set them up as a MCR (multiple call ringer), the second phone stays idle when the first one is on an active all.

regards,

Frank

REQ: ld 11

REQ: chg
TYPE: 2616
TN 64 0 14 14
ECHG yep
ITEM KEY 0 mcr 1962
HNT FNA
KEY
ITEM
MIX

this is a simple change on a 2616 to make it an mcr key.. when a call is placed to 1962 it rings on all phones with mcr 1962.. the 1st station that answers, gets the call. all other appearences of 1962 remain idle.. waiting for the next call... note: i can't put that call on hold and have someone else pick it up on their phone.. i must transfer it, even if it is a transfer to 1962...

for an analog just go to ld 10 and chg (or new) 500, add mcra tothe class and use the same dn for all sets...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

if you try making it an MCR key you will first need to delete it from any other digital phone where it's programmed as an SCR key already. You can't make a second appearance of an ext. MCR if it's already configured somewhere else as an MCR. By the way, in this instance I would simply make both telephone sets SCR. I don't think MCR is the way you want to go.

oops, I meant to say you can't program an ext. as MCR if it's already programmed as SCR. Sorry for the confusion. But make them both SCR anyway. I wouldn't use MCR in this scenario.

you can also use MCR Multiple call Ring.
Setup the new phone as a mirror to his now.
Only MCR XXXX and NOT SCR XXXX
let me know how that works for you.

mcr will cause the one station to ring when the other is busy, the forwards will follow the marp, but scr would be my choice

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back