Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executive & Secretary functionallity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirArthur

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
AT
How is it possible to implement a executive & secretary functionallity. We want to implement, that all calls are going to the secretary even if the call was appointed to the executive. The secretary should be possible to decide when the call will be forwarded to her executive!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

cheers

Why not just send all calls directly to her but Tag the call on Incoming call route as "Boss's name" then she can either transfer them or not :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Ok, but will it be possible if it is a very urgent call that then she can redirect the call to the Boss again or will it be a loop, so that she will receive the call again on a second line?

It will not have been to the Bosses phone at all it will have gone directly to her, so she can just transfer as normal, or did you want both phones to ring in your original request?

Ahh, sorry you mean internal calls too, I was working on just external, I'll think some more and come back :)

1) Boss Forward Unconditional to Sec
2) Add Sec as DND exception to Boss

I think "Follow Me" would work best, all calls will go to the Secretary but she would still be able to call him and transfer to him, also calls will still follow his VM etc :)

Using Follow Me would also allow the Boss to have a single button to turn this On/Off and stutter dial tone to remind him the feature is active :)

I know but DND sends the call to Voicemail/Busy tone :)

Thank you for your suggestions, the Follow Me option sounds good.
Where do I activate this feature?

I think it is time to take a course or call a BP!
This is basic stuff and easy to find.

You can also press the help button and search for follow me!

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

In Manager on the User ettings for his extn (needs to be IP/Dig 5410,5610,20 etc) set one of his buttons to that feature, or you can set it yourself via Manager in the forwarding tab :)

Fo the buttons it's this that you need, Advanced -> Follow Me -> Follow Me To and set the number (or leave it blank to be promted upon pressing) it also toggles on/off using the same button :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back