Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execution treminated unepectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmINFO

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
I have a Worklet that has 6 sessions in it, this worklet trigers all the sessions at the same time. one of my workflow includes this worklet, when this workflow is trigred to start, some times everything prosses succesfully and some times, some or all of the sessions in the worklet fails, they fail without starting the session and the error I get is
ERROR: Session task instance [worklet_wklt_name. session_name]: Execution treminated unepectedly.

What could be the possible reason for this, and how can I overcome this.
Is this something to do woth the load on the Informatica server?

Your commects are appreciated.

Do you have the resources to run that many sessions parallel?
Are other jobs still running when you start the workflow that holds the worklet? How may reader threads are there at a given time?

Ties Blom

How can I check for number sessions supported by informatica server?

If you install INFA on a server there are a number of things that can be configured. One of them is the number of concurrent sessions/batches. (At least that was up till version 6)
You need to check INFA server itself, there is no client tool available. I think pmserver.cfg holds server settings

Ties Blom

Configuration has
MaxSessions=10
this is number of parellel sesions, this value is the default.
Can I change this value to 20, what are the effects?

You need to have a large enough box (RAM) to run more sessions simultaneously as more threads take up more resources.
However, you may well run out of resources at this moment.
Did you ever check how much RAM is consumed during peaks?
Creating larger pagefile may be beneficial too...

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back