Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing scripts at login/logout server side

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitpt

Technical User
Nov 11, 2007
How can i execute scripts when a user performs a login or a logout in a domain? I want to execute the script in the primary domain controller, not on the client computer that just logged in.

thank you.

gpo -ou put the servers in a group of that ou apply script to the group policy login - logoff ????

try that!!

[cannon] [worm]
"Practice makes Perfect"
("la pratique rend parfait")
CPO rt'd RN

thanks for your help. I'm unfortunately no expert under windows 2003 server. I tried that command (think it is a command) but it didn't exist. Basing myself in what you wrote I searched through the active directory under the domain controllers and in the domain group policy but didn't find nothing relating to login/logoff and the possibility of executing an external program... to be honest I didn't really knew where to look.

Could you point me some web page or give me some direction please?

thank you

I've been checking this info, and it seems that the scripts you place here are executed in the side of the computer that just logged in. That is not what i had in mind. Maybe i just didn't explain myself correctly, To clear things:

1-I have serverA that is the PDC for my domain
2-I have PCB that is one workstation
3-I have userC that is a user of my domain

When userC logs in PCB it authenticates itself in serverA. When that users performs that login I want to execute one script inside serverA.

Placing a script in the login/logoff policy of the user makes the script execute in PCB.

Or am i wrong? :)

I'm sorry for any earlier confusions.

So when a user logs in you want a script to run on the server???? What is it you actually want to happen by running a script?? What are you trying to accomplish??

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

the problem is that we need to synchronize firewall rules in linux servers depending who is logged in in which machine.

for example:

when userA logs in pcB the script in the PDC runs (with the arguments of userA and pcB) and remotely executes in a linux firewall some commands that adapt the firewall so that the firewall allows traffic from pcB according to rules set for userA. Hope I wasn't too confusing.

I know with ISA server this is somewhat easy and automatic, but our network is very deep built under linux, and we don't wan't to change that, but this would be a great functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back