Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

saramaia

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
PT
Hi everyone!

I´m trying to execute a procedure in Business Objects.
For that, in the main window, instead of choosing "Universe" i choose "Others" and them, from the combo box, i choose stored procedures. The thing is, when i click the Next Button, no connection appear for me to choose one. I did this one day and it worked but i don´t know why the connections do not appear now.

Can anyone help me please??

Thanks,
Sara

If you have any connection already created in your repository, i will display those connections. try to create a connection & see

What do you mean: connection in my repository??

When you create a new universe, designer will ask you create a connection for that universe. After designing your universe, save and export that universe. It will export the universe with the connection related to that universe to repository. Later someone import that universe, it will import with the connection.

Or If you have access to SUPERVISOR module.
Select Tools - Connections - Add

This way you can create connections in the repository and use it in Reporter

Hi, I'm having the same problem as saramaia. I've created my connection in supervisor but still none of the stored procedures appear when I select stored procedures as the data source for a report. Please can anyone help.

Thanks - Charlene

A Quick Thought

Login to Supervisor and select the concerned user and click on Stored Procedure tab in the right pane. Does it show the list of connections or the required connection the user can use for SP. If no then do a Resource - > Link - > Stored Procedure and then select the connection. Now come to BO and then do the report. It should show the connection for the user to use.

Good Luck
Sri

Ok, I actually have the same problem. I ve tried the resource-link-stored procedure but it's greyed out, therefore I cant access it.........any further ideas?

Ok, sorted that problem, but still no connecion in Reporter.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back