Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing Crystal Reports from VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashu

Programmer
Sep 14, 2003
IN
Hi Friends,

How to execute crystal reports from vb6,i've given the foll. command cysrepname.action=1 in vb.But it gives the error database not found.I've unchecked the option in cry.reports "save data with report" i.e. whenever the report is executed it will refresh the data.Any comments are welcome.My backend is oracle 8i and crystal reports 7.0.
Thanks in advance.

Prashant.

what is the rest of your code to call this report? It looks like you are using the OCX control so will need to be specifying the report file name and the data connection information before action=1

The report without saved data will need to hit the database in order to bring any data back.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Hi,

I'm using the ocx control and my code is only reportname.action=1 and the rest the path of the report i've defined in properties.I knew the login and password has to specified for the database to open,but i'm unable to do so.Pl. if u can provide me any code.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back