Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Execute a URL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can create a conditional hyperlink, but if you want to invoke the hyperlink, you would need to have the user click on the object to invoke the URL.

You could use a Web Service or a SQL Command as a data source, but that tends to be read only, so I'm not sure it could be used to update data in a table.

If you want a report to update a database a better approach is to use our Disk Output UFL to write a disk file with some SQL update statements, and then pass that to our cViewSQL utility.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thank you; I was hoping Crystal could execute a hyperlink on its own.

Funny how Crystal is far better report writer than programing language :)

Hi,
Not so funny -
it IS a report writer and not a programming language.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi markphillipscpa,
Sorry, I missed your smiley face at the end of your post.
( Try the Emoticons [smile] )

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

If you have a development background, it wouldn't be difficult to create a UFL (User Function Library) to execute a URL inside some Vb code.

Or talk to a nice developer about doing such a thing. Contact me via my web site if you are interested in this approach.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

My "CUT Light" UFL provides functions allowing Crystal formulas to issue dynamic SQL statements. It also provides a function for calling a URL.

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back