Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exec under Window NT/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaayman

Programmer
Feb 14, 2003
US
I have had trouble getting exec to work under Windows environment. I am trying to execute the following:
set ret [ exec "wish83 p1.tcl arg "]
It returns with an error saying that it does find file/program named p1.tcl. I know that the p1.tcl does exist but in the current directory. I have tried to give fullpath in the exec. It does not work.
Does anyone know how to make it work? Do I need to specify some environment variable so that it knows where to find the file?
Also, the documentation says that the exec runs as a subprocess. Does it really run as a separate process?
THanks

[02:51:20] <MC_Austin> .tcl exec &quot;uname -a&quot;
[02:51:20] <aBadWord> Tcl error: couldn't execute &quot;uname -a&quot;: no such file or directory
[02:51:24] <MC_Austin> .tcl exec uname -a
[02:51:24] <aBadWord> Tcl: FreeBSD voyager.straynet.com 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #1: Wed Aug 21 16:51:56 GMT 2002 root@voyager.strayet.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VOYAGER i386

Ya try and remove the quotes? Carl M. Gregory
MC_8 @ #eggdrop && #tcl @ Undernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back