Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXE program behave's strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashr

Programmer
Apr 19, 2005
HU
I have a form which I made for customers , when testing the form while designing it's work fine , after creating EXE file it's not working well , suddenly 1 coomand button (browse) is not wprking , the form don't find the files which were declared as free tables in the begining of the program (load mhetod) etc' , I can't find what is the reason for that.

Thank's

Is this form a top leval form? Top level application?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thank's mgagnon , I have a form which is a Menu form with icon's to excute other forms to update tables & is a 2-Top-level form. Each form which is being called from the menu form is declared as 1-In top-level form , this forms r behaving strange , when I change the Showindow mhetod to 2-Top-Level the form is working perfect , when I change it back to 1-In Top-Level it's mased up , basicly I would like to open all the files & varibles in the menu form & it should passed to the other forms which r called from the menu.

Maybe I m doing something wrong , I was using in the past FPW2.6 & decided to change to VFP7 (not easy for me)

Thank's again for your advice

What do you mean by "messed up"?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

I meen , tables r not open in the work area decpite the fact that there is a command USE...... , some command on the form r not working like command button which is supose to do browse of a table etc' , what is the big differnt between a form which is "top level" form & form whic is "In top level" form , don't they function the same ?????
Similar problem was before with an array , Declaring an array by DIMENSION didn't work in an EXE file but worked fine when testing the form as APP , had to declare the arry public , intersting way of thinking , in FPW2.6 what was working as APP was working as EXE with no different.

It most likely due to the datasession. How and where do you open the tables? In the Load of the form?
Code:
Use myTable shared again in 0
SELECT myTable

Or put the tables in the dataenvironment of the form, they will open automatically.

Mike Gagnon

I put them in the begining in the Load mhetod on the form , latter on I tried the dataenvironment also , in both cases the result was the same.
The only way it's working fine is when the form is a "Top-Level".

I put them in the begining in the Load mhetod on the form , latter on I tried the dataenvironment also , in both cases the result was the same.

Let me understand correctly your problem. You put a table in the dataenvironment of a form, set the form as "In-top level" and you cannot access the data that is sitting in the dataenvirionment by using simply:
Code:
 SELECT myTable

Do you get an error? If so what is it?

Mike Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back