Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXE don't work, I'm desesperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caro8pare

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
HK
When the form is loading, I set some properties of my datagrid like the size of column for example with the help of a module.

When I try the .exe on the machine I developp it, it works.
On other machine, it doesn't work even if I have all the stuff (dll, database at the right path with right name of column, ...).

Here is the error:
Execution Error 6147
Column not found name_of_column

For the last time, I ask for some help.
Thanks for any help.

Could there be a difference between the databases on the respective machines? What if you copy your database to the other machine?

No, there's no difference, I copied the bd.

I really don't understand. Is it someting about ADO?

Could it be a database permissions problem?

Maybe no data is being returned on the other machine?

Transcend
[gorgeous]

Have you made an installation setup disk and installed it on the machine that dosen't work?
You probably dont have the same references on the second machinethat are set up with the VB6 editor. Compling an exe and fully installing it should fix the problem.

How can I made an installation setup disk of my .EXE?

I just know how to create the .exe.

Package & Deployment Wizard

---------------------------------------
This will be the day when all of God’s children will be able to sing with a new meaning, “My country, ‘tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim’s pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring. - Marten Luther King

I will found this where, in the menu?

Package & Deployment Wizard

It's in the Add-Ins menu. If it doesn't appear, use the Add-Ins Manager from the same menu

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Is it possible that the Add-Ins Manager from the same menu doesn't exist on my computer?

I'm really a beginner, sorry.

Which version of VB6 are you using? I seem to recall that the Learning edition is missing a few bits, but on the Professional and Enterprise versions you will find the Add-Ins menu between the Tools menu and the Window menu.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Ok, I found the Add-ins Manager. But, I think the "Package & Deployment Wizard" is not in the list. I don't see it.

Is it possible that is not installed?

If you look in folder .....vb98\pdwizard for the file named pdcmdln.exe that's what you need. I've created a desktop shortcut so I can create a package of anything whenever the mood takes me :)

When you normally install VB6 with all options, in the Windows Start menu, you select Programs and Microsoft Visual Basic 6.
There are then 2 programs to choose from:-
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 and
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 tools.
When you select Tools you get 2 more choices:-
API Text Viewer and
Package and Deployment Wizard

Select the latter
You then select the project you want to make a setup disk for (Eg. YourProject.vpb) and click on package.
Follow the prompts and create a setup and CAB file that contains all the dlls etc.
Copy the Setup.exe file and the cab file to the other computer and run the setup.exe file to install the program on the other computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back