Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exclusive access to the database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDash

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
Hi.

This was an MS Access 2000 database that 40 users used it on a shared drive. Until a microsoft office 2003 update was performed, the users wetre able to access it simultaneously. However right now when the first user logs in, the .ldb file is created, the remaining users are receiving the following error message when trying to log in the database.

"You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later"

There is a microsoft article that explains this
We don't have the same situation. We have only one .ldb file and the .mdw file is not in the same shared folder.
We converted the database to 2002-2003 format and still receive this error.If you know any information about this please let me know.

You may have to create a batch file that copies the current database on the server to each individual users computer.

Hi,

That makes the database client/server and I believe will resolve this issue. I am not sure if all the 40 users are ready to do this. They are asking why this error comes up after the office 2003 upgrade and they never had this before.

I'm no expert I just had the same issue and that's what I had to do. In terms of your users I believe it makes it easier on them, because they can just copy the batch file to their desktop. Not sure why 2003 does this it might be one of microsoft's "improvements".

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back