Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excluding files from ufsdump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekb

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
SG
Dear all,

Is it possible at all to exclude certain files on a filesystem from being dumped by ufsdump? If not, is there any workaround that can prevent ufsdump from seeing these files?

thanks in advance.

Would it be possible just to move the files to another filesystem before the ufsdump and then move them back again afterwards using a script?

Not feasible if the file is too big in size. The files that I am handling are of 2GB each.

OK. A Google search for ufsdump exclusion reveals that Solaris apparently has an -X <excludefile> option, but this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the man pages. Anyone know anything about this?

I read the same web page you did. When the writer mentioned &quot;-X <excludefile>&quot; option, he was referring to 'tar'.

Just realised that myself - apologies for the confusion! I'm afraid I haven't any further ideas, but others might, of course. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back