Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ExchangeServer config - connection and user mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

NilsAS

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
NO
I've been trying to set up an single exchange server 2003 Ent.ed.
Our exchange is installed on the inside of our private ip range.
The server seems to be up and running.

Exept:
1. I've not been able to connect it to our isp for downloading mail. (the isp stores individual mailboxes for each user).

2. When I configure an user email in AD i'm able to find the user on the server in the addressbooks, but not able to find an mailbox or even worse not able to connect the user to the server through Outlook 2003.

I've been trying for a while to search for info around this without findig any.

Is there anyone out there that might have an solution.

are you using a POP3 connector and if so which one? I have a similar problem at the minute and was using POP3 eXchange 5, but am going to use GFi Mail Essentials and see how that works.

Are all the exchange services running that should be? it seems strange that you cannot create them an outlook profile that will connect to the exchange server and mailbox. i can at least get that far, just won't download any mail from their ISP.

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back