Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange2K3\Outlook2K7 - cannot send myself meeting attendee invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2009
US
Hello All,

Just to save a little time....

The above thread is exactly whats going on in my environment as well. We have searched high and low w/o any good answers yet.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue described.

My goal is to be able to send myself meeting requests and have them remain in my inbox so they can be pushed to by blackberry. A little out of the ordinary usage but I'm thinking it can be done somehow.

before I forget...
Server = Win2K3 w/ Exchange 2K3
Wksts = WinXP w/ Outlook 2K7
BB = Torch

As of right now, no matter what settings I toggle, ALL meeting requests I include myself to show up directly in deleted items. Calendar DOES reflect my proposed entry date & time however, my meeting request lives in the deleted items folder no matter what.

*** on a side note, when I open the item with deleted items, there is an info button the explains:
"No Response Required" - when clicked...
"Your calendar has been updated automatically. This meeting request will now be deleted."

Any help, link, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all!

We figured it out... it was within in options \ e-mail options \ tracking options \ uncheck proccess on arrival...

Re: your question - there's a desire to have all meeting requests send to self remain in the inbox NOT deleted items as it would by default... Team member of ours has his reasons.

Thanks for the reply anyhow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back