Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange will not create a new Mailbox!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast2910

Technical User
Aug 30, 2006
GB
Hello there!

I am in the middle of creating a new user within Active Directory Users and Computers in the normal way. Upon entering the details of the new user, it prompts me asking for the email address to be created and associated with the new login.

HOWEVER!!! - It will not create the mailbox!! I have tried everything in this matter, and I have never come across this before, even though my knowledge on exchange 2003 is not amazing.

If anyone can help me on this matter, I will be very much appreciated!

Regards
Damien

Can you log in as the new user?

Can you send a test email to the user?

Can you see the user in the exchange GAL?

Can you connect to the mailbox in outlook?

Any error? When you connect it to the appropriate exhcange storage group what happens?

Iain

Thanks for your reply.
When I create the user in Server Management it runs through everything but does not create the Exchange Mailbox

What about the tests above?

You know that the physical mailbox won't be created until the user logs in or is sent a mail?

And if you're using outlook in cached mode the user won't show up in the GAL until tomorrow?

Post back about the tests.

IAin

Can you log in as the new user? Yes

Can you send a test email to the user? Bounces back as user unknown

Can you see the user in the exchange GAL? No

Can you connect to the mailbox in outlook? No

Any error? When you connect it to the appropriate exhcange storage group what happens? Outlook cannot find the name in the address list.

The Active D creation just doesnt seem to create anything in exchange. I have logged on as the new user but still no joy.

:(

Sounds like its not showing up in the GAL yet.

Go to ESM Recipients - Offline Address Book - and rebuild the Offline address book.

I presume you tried to send the email using SMTP address rather than the new alias?

Replication can cause issues for exchange 2003, theres a lot of threads on this subjuect in this forum.

Silly question really but after you create the new user and then go back into their properties does the Exchange Tabs show up when using the ADU&C on the Exchange server?

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back