Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange webmail access

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdaniel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I have a couple of users who are not able to access their email off our exchange server through webmail. They have been able to recently but here in the last week or so have been given the error access denied. The majority of my users have no problem accessing their email using Any idea why only a handful of users are being denied all of a sudden?

Thanks

Where would I find this feature?
Thanks

Ok, a new twist to the webmail issue. Access is available through Firefox browser but not IE on the same computer. There has to be something within IE that is not allowing the logon data to be authenticated.

Clear temporary internet items inc cookies. Remove the certificate from the trusted certificates store if it is in there and try again.

i have the same issue, exactly, and i cant f'in fix it!!!!

i have the same issue, exactly, and i cant f'in fix it!!!! ON the exchange server via iis if i select the Exchange virtual director and right click a browse on a user it loads up in IE and loads the OLWA page with the frames however the mail frame just sits on loading! but on other pcs it works and some pcs it doesnt, any ideas?!

in iis on the exchange virtual directory the icon for the vdirectory is a red circle with ERROR in it, ive been told thats normal?

Zelandakh,

After clearing out everything in IE (cookies, temp int files, hist.) I looked in the trusted certificate store and do not know which certificate it is. Is it plainly labeled? I have a number of certificates in it. Also I tried it on another computer and it wont work in IE but does on Firefox at the different computer...so it MUST be within the Exchange server...right?

Tomvear,
Have you tried it using FireFox?

firefox works most of the time for most users however sometimes when opening particular messages in firfox the page comes up as unable to display but leaves the outlook bar in the frame on the left. either way i need complete cross-browser compatibility for my users, just being able to access it via firefox takes away the flexability from the web access! i need to find a new fonr end for exchange and the web ive had enough of people telling me they dont know what it is!!!! unless any1 here knows anything about it?

on mine it loads the page that holds the frames but gives some users a 'page cannot be found error' on the outlook bar and the mail page, somtimes it works! sometimes it says access denied and other times it doesn't, sometimes it says the mail box has been deleted but on the latter two issues it loads both pages fine but where the mail is supposed to be it says loading and doesnt change, you can click on new message and send it fine though!!! someimte if you use firefox it works, sometimes ie and somtimes neither!!!! any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back