Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Web Mail, Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Hi

I have set up the Exchange Web Mail and it work like a treat, but some people have raised the issue of security, with logon details being transmitted in clear text. I know this is extreamly unlikly but I need to look into anyway.

Anyway question, is it possible to set up the web mail so it will use HTTPS or some other security option??

Thanks, Simon

Is the OWA server on the same box? Is your exchange server/OWA server in a DMZ? Are users attaching internally or externally or both? SSL is simple to setup. The hardest part is generating the request for the certificate. Win2K is easier than NT4.

Yer thanks people, I have got this working with SSL, yep the certificate bit was a pain.

Simon

Simon - stick up the certificate bit as an FAQ would you - we'd all benefit from knowing how to do it...

Duno if my FAQ would be of any use, we created the Certificate with our own PKI server that we use for certificates for our PGP VPN connections, so I doubt to many people would find it useful.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back