Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange using DYNDNS help on NTL home

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcoombs

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
GB
When starting the "default POP3 Virtual" protocol, it says "Service did not respond in a timly fashion".

For your info, I do not have a domain as such, does that matter. I have a homeip.net dynamic DNS account. I also have a can I use this.

Something tells me its a domain issue...

Thanks

Tom

please guys, this must be an easy one for you! :)

Tom

Hi Tom,

I recently setup a server with dyndns similar to what you are doing. Just because a server says it didn't start in a timely fashion doesn't necessarily mean it didn't start.

First, check in administrative tools->services and see if the service started. If not try starting it or restarting it from the services panel. If it is not starting check check the application event log and see if there is an error.

If there is nothing there you might increase the debugging level in by going into the exchange 2003 administrative tool. I can't tell you where to increase the logging level, because I cannot access my exchange 2003 console at the moment, but I would guess it would give you some additional information which might be helpful in debugging the problem.

Hi Tom,

I recently setup a server with dyndns similar to what you are doing. Just because a server says it didn't start in a timely fashion doesn't necessarily mean it didn't start.

First, check in administrative tools->services and see if the service started. If not try starting it or restarting it from the services panel. If it is not starting check check the application event log and see if there is an error.

If there is nothing there you might increase the debugging level in by going into the exchange 2003 administrative tool. I can't tell you where to increase the logging level, because I cannot access my exchange 2003 console at the moment, but I would guess it would give you some additional information which might be helpful in debugging the problem.

David

Have you checked that the service isn't set to Disabled which is the default setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back