Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Transaction Logs NOT Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHWS

Technical User
Nov 25, 2003
US
I am running 4.5fp6 on an Unix (11i) Master/Media Servers. I have been backing up the information store/public folders with nightly full backups. The admin stated that he saw the last full was from Dec. 30th. Even though I have been performing fulls nightly. They have been finishing with an exit status of (1). The error causing the exit status of 1 is due to a second information store that the admin is testing with. The backup is unable to back up the second information store. My question is will the exchange client NOT remove transaction logs if the backup exits with anything other than 0 ?? Just wondering if any of you have run into this situation. I will more than likely just split the two information stores up to prevent this in the future but would still like to know the cause. Thanks!

Made the changes and after the bkup exit with exit status 0 the log files were removed. Just an FYI.

I hate to say it but I have only seen that happen when the Exchange DB is corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back