Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Storage Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenb

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
PT
Hi!

I had a job to make the backup my exchange server with gsm enabled. Is a diferential job with a full backup on friday. But he only makes the backup to the Storage Group on the full backup. :S In the diferential always gives two errors.

E8604
Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=First Storage Group transaction, EC=PTSFSEXC:Backup Agent Error -- (1356) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupSetup failed. Mount the databases before backup. Check Backup Agent Activity Log".)

E8604
Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=First Storage Group transaction, EC=PTSFSEXC:Backup Agent Error -- (1361) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupInstanceEnd failed. Check Backup Agent Activity Log".)

I had the Exchange agent configured and works fine. The brick level job always work.

The servers had the W2k Server /SP4 and the exchange 2K /SP3 and i use the brightstor V9 build 2020

Thanks

Mike

Exchange is not my strong point but if the message says to check the DB Agent log, that is probably a good place to start. It is also a good idea to reproduce the problem with the DB Agent in debug.

How to put the Exchange Agent into debug? faq478-4051

The backup of the Storage Group don't use the agent. The Exchange Agent is only used for the Brick Level backup.

The Storage Group is made by the normal backup, like the Registry and the System State.

I had already seen the the DB Agent log, say the same thing that the errors in the message... :S

I put the Exchange Agent into debug, thanks for the tip.

Mike

check if the Exchange circular logging has been disabled which is required for differential backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back