Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange SP2 mobile users admin web site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

francisdela

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
GB
Hi All

I've installed SP2 and setup the new file size restrictions throught the registry which seems to be ok.

I see documentation on microsoft that it now has added functionalty for mobile users such as remote wipe etc. It states it puts an admin web site called %iis server name%\MobileAdmin i don't seem to have it after installing SP2, can anybody shed any light as i find the documentation from Microsoft very vague, or maybe i'm just looking in the wrong place.

Any help is much appreciated.

The mobile admin website is going to be out later this year in Web Release 2. At the moment pretty much none of the new mobility functionality is available until the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 (MSFP) is released which is dependant on when the OEMs release it for their devices. The first device with the MSFP built-in will be available late December (the Motorola Q).

Thanks a lot for your reply, clears it up somewhat.

A thought has dawned on me with the new sender id framework i can put in an spf record for my mail server but i am currently getting my exchange server to forward the mail out through my ISPs smtp server due to people like AOL regecting mail because they are doing reverse lookups on my ip address, how will this affect the whole spf thing, do you put in the isps smtp server in your spf record and if so does that not kind of defeat the purpose of it, as anyone with an account with the ISP could send out as my domain?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back