Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ky71

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
I have Exchang2k3 on Server 2k3, single server, stand alone at home connected through cable modem. When it was 5.5 I could send out and receive under that domain name just fine but now after a clean install upgrade of everything (format, etc) I cannot. Internal mail using exchange works great, however if I have to mail outside the domain it fails, its like it doesn't even try. There is a default virtual server listed in connectors thats filled in, but I can't think of anything else why it fails. All I needed to do in 5.5 was create a connector so in 2003 what gives?
Also Im logged on locally as Admin and there's no permissions or rules assigned to prevent availability.
Thanks in advance.
-Sp00ky

Does the server now have a different IP address. And if so have to configured your firewall to pass port 25 and 443 if you are using a cert to the new ip..

Have you got the smtp connector configured correctly within exchange

Well no, the server is basically my little home box, so it's the DC, everything. As for IP, yes it's the same. Does this matter? As for the firewall, the 4 Port DSL Router is set to let everything fly on that IP address and software firewall is not on. I can do a remote telnet 25 - helo just fine, just something with connector? Im pulling my hair out.
-Sp00ky

Update - I downloaded and have been playing with "SMTPDiag" and now notice that I cannot login through telnet- I keep getting: "454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server." Of course the SMTP connector is not configured this way and I even just installed SP1 for Exch 2k3 without any luck so Im really scratching my head - IDEA'S?

Update - I can now receive mail but not send... very few hair's left on my head.. IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back