Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pylot

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
CA
I am running Exchange 2000
The system works fine after a reboot for a little while then I get errors in the event viewer "The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x800706ba'." Event ID: 9097 Source MSExchangeSA. The only way to get exchange running again is to reboot the server.
If anyone has any suggestions. I have installed the latest SP's for exchange and windows 2000.

Yep, I am having the same problem. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It looks like it only have problem with Outlook, not with POP3, IMAP4 or Web Access.

Any help would be greatly appericated.

Alan.

I'm not sure but it appears to be a virus. I have cleaned a couple of viruses and now it appears to have a bad metabase file. As I reinstalled SP4 to correct the issue I got errors with metabase file. Check out Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 234429. I do not have a backup of this file so I'm not sure what to do now.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have 2 exchange servers in our regional offices, both with the symptons described, which happened at roughly the same time.

I would of thought this would be a virus but i have done a full virus scan with latest Nortons updates but no virus was found!

Any ideas?

Thanks

It is the lovesan or msblast virus causing it. I had the same problem three days ago. No one was able to connect via Outlook, but everything else was operational. Found msblast.exe running in the processes list of task manager, removed the registry entry, rebooted the server, deleted all instances of msblast.exe, then applied the security update, rebooted the server and no problems to date with access, but some of my folks off site that use the synchronization feature of Outlook are having problems. So I haven't figured out if that patch that was downloaded has caused that to not work? Working on that one.

Thanks and hope that helps.

Gentlemen Call your web provider. They are filtering port 135. If 135 is filter you have no access to exchange except thru pop or web access. Shared Drive will not function nor will samba.

SBC and and Cox are currently blocking the port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back