Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Service Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebuddy

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone has installed Exchange Service Pack 3. I am running W2K with Exchange 2000. I am looking at installing Service Pack 3 on my exchange server and would like to know if anyone has encountered any problems after installing it and if so what were the problems.

I upgraded about 2 months ago along with W2K sp3. No problems so far! Did W2K sp3 first then EX2000 sp3 if that helps.

Does the order matter? Can I do EX2000 SP3 without W2K SP3?
Also, is there anything that I need to do prior to upgrading or that I need to be aware of?

The order does matter. You got to install W2K spk3 first
then EX2000 spk3. Make sure you have a good backup .. before you upgrade the machine

Just curious, why do you say that Win2K SP3 needs to go on first? From everything I have read, they are independant. We upgraded to Exchange SP3 without doing Win2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back