Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server Using ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwinn7

Programmer
Feb 10, 2001
US
I am researching the possibility of using VB to directly interface with the Public Folders on an Exchange Server using DAO through ODBC (not ADO/OLE-DB allowed!).

In my initial reading of the MSDN, it describes this capability being Read-Only when the connection is ODBC even though the Exchange Server's storage engine is essentially SQL Server stripped of its SQL Server bells and whistles.

What I am looking for is if anyone has done this before and is what I am reading truly correct with no workarounds. I need a solution that would allow me to connect and query the Exchange Server like a regular database for contacts and make modifications to those contacts.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Gary
gwinn7

Hi, I am wondering the same thing. If you get this can you let me know what you discovered?

I also need to be able accesas any users contacts and read and update them as required. I don't mind using the Outlook object model but I need to access EVERYONE!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back