Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server Slowdown problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobascojojo

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hello All,

I am running Exchange Server 5.5 with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. The server is bogging down heavily between once a week to about once a month. I check the performance monitor and processor and disk utilizations are very high with the disk utilization often maxing out.

I have no idea what is going on. I have a feeling it is the antivirus program but it doesnt seem to be running any kind of scan. In task manager, it seems as though NaveSP.exe is taking up some of the CPU Usage and I am assuming that NaveSP.exe is for the antivirus. But for some reason, I can't find out what the source of the problem is. Everyone using the Exchange server is experiencing severe lags and pauses.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Hi, are you using OWA ??

Catcha Later

GrandMaster_S

====================================
Novell Netware 6:
CNA; CNE
Novell Netware 5:
CNA; CNE
Microsoft Windows NT4:
MCP; MCP+I; MCSE
Microsoft Windows 2000:
MCP; MCSA; MCSE
====================================
We cannot see the future. We can

Sorry for the late reply.

kippy, your solution doesn't seem to have worked. thanks for the help though

GrandMasterS
Yep, OWA is in use but it is loaded on another server that has IIS. You think that OWA has something to do with it? thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back