Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server disconnecting from network frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveevan

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2006
US
Dear All,

I am requesting your expertised assistance in helping solve an ongoing problem with my exchange 2003 server.

Over the last two or more months this server has been disconnecting from the network very consistently, however the server machine seems to be continue running fine.
I checked the Event Log and done some research but failed to resolve this issue.

The Event log gives an Event ID: 29 , which is something to do with NTpClient and w32tm.

Can you advise me how to resolve this issue and/or if any of you have had similar problem and how you worked around it?

Thanks in Advance and I appreciates any help/advice.

Regards
Dave

NIC issue, Teaming Issue, Switch issue? can be a mulitude of issue for momentary network loss. We have seen issues when using the HP Teaming software. You don't say what type of server to possibly narrow it down to vendor.

TechyMcSe2k,

Thanks for your response.

The MS Exchange 2003 server is on a Dell Poweredge 1800.

Is this enough for what you were asking?

Thanks again.
Dave

Are you using built in NICs or a card? Is the OS using any kind of Network Teaming software? Do the logs show any network outage or NIC connectivity errors? Is the time being synced with your server holding the PDC Emulator role? Is the time more than 5 minutes different compared with your DC time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back