Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server 5.5 Web Access question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobascojojo

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I am trying to setup web access for Exchange server and I understand that you need to have IIS installed. However, does IIS have to be installed on the same server as Exchange Server 5.5 is on? Also, if IIS can be on a different server, how do i configure Exchange to make web access work? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on this subject

IIS must be installed on the machine you want to install Outlook Web Access on, but that machine doesn't have to be a full blown exchange server. I have a smtp mail relay server for antivirus/firewall protection, and it is not an "Exchange server" but it is running Outlook Web access. The Web access install sets up an Exchange website or directory in IIS for you. So you have to make sure that machine has IIS installed and running.

Check out these links they have some good information

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 259240
How to Configure OWA to Connect to Exchange Through a Firewall

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 300646
Configure OWA Authentication When Exchange Server and IIS Are on Different Computers

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 300656
Configure Integrated Windows Authentication for OWA and Exchange Server 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back