Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Server 2010 cannot be installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlysceptical

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
GB
In the SBS Console, under "View installation issues", our server reports the error "Exchange Server 2010 cannot be installed".

Since the server has been running for a year, and Exchange 2010 functions perfectly well (as far as I can tell), this error message is patently untrue. However, Dell Technical Support seem to think that it is serious.

What I therefore want to know is whether this is merely an error message that was logged during the installation (and therefore one that I can dismiss), or is it telling me that there is still something wrong with the Exchange installation?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Andrew

If it's working, it's not broken--you'd know it. I think that initially the Exchange install may have failed but the person installing must have re-run ADPREP on the domain and restarted the setup. That might have still left the error you are seeing behind.

But just in case, check out this article and see if you have any of those symptoms:

If you do, then you can follow the steps described there: run the script and install the hotfix.

But I'm guessing you probably won't need to do anything.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Thanks Dave. It all seems to be working perfectly at the moment, and I certainly don't have any of the symptoms mentioned in the article, so I guess I can safely dismiss the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back