Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange restore-server using ARCserve2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmu

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2001
DK
We have one ORG with 3 sites (in 3 domains).

I have one server that are supposed to be used for restore af any of the three servers. To be used to retrieve single e-mails or public folder items.

Any help will be appreciated.

Did you buy the Arcserve Agent for Exchange Server?
If not, you need that.
AND it is not just an install, there is quite a bit of setup. Glenn A
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are tasty and crunchy and good with ketchup."

Yes, I have Exchange Agent and Disaster Recovery.

Earlier I tried to build a restore-server using the old version ArcServe and didn't have any success. I managed the restore but Exchange-services couldn't be started afterwars.

I hav heard that it should be possible with the new ArcServe2000.

Did you create the user dbagent in NT and in Exchange?
Did you send it email to initialize?
Did you give it the access rights it needs other than administrator?
Did you give it the policy rights it needs?
When you backup or restore are you logging in to the Arcserve/Exchange Agent as dbagent? Glenn A
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are tasty and crunchy and good with ketchup."

In my first attempt i created a restore-network as a clone of my domain. (BDC on separate network promoted to PDC.)

I added my restore-server to the restore-network and moved my backup-server from the production network to the restore-network.

Exchange was installed on a server with same servermane, org and site as the production server. I used the same accounts as originally used in the production domain.

Exchange was set up to use the same paths for databases and logs.

ARCserve backupclient was installed using same account as in the production network.

Restore database succeded but Exchange-services didn't start.

You need to set up dbagent as an NT User and as a Mailbox.
There are policy rights that need to be.
CA has a setup sheet on this at Glenn A

My dbagent already has a NTaccount + mailbox.

But when I make backup/restore of Exchange I use the Exchange-owner as backupaccount. Therefore I don't suppose that I'm experiencing a rights problem

When you backup, do you see the Brick Level Option? Glenn A

I see the Brick Level Option, but after our Exchange was upgraded to enterprise edition Brick Level doesn't work any more.

Run the new SP3 from the CA website. Glenn A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back